2016 Dragonteer Appreciation Picture Contest
The Colorado Dragon Boat Festival’s volunteers are so special, we like to call them “Dragonteers!” They are the heart and soul of the festival. For this reason, we are holding the first-ever Dragonteer Appreciation Picture Contest this year.
Dragonteers are invited to take pictures while volunteering at CDBF and email them to [email protected]. The picture must show the dragonteer with her or his 2015 volunteer t-shirt at the festival (note that they don’t have to be “selfies” — you can have someone else take them). We will choose three winners: One for the most unique picture, one for the most creative picture and one for the most committed Dragonteer. Each winner will receive a $25 VISA gift card!
All participants must have signed-up online or at the Volunteers Headquarters.
All entries will be reviewed and decided by a panel of CDBF judges. The winning pictures will be shared in our website and Facebook page!
2016 Dragonteer Appreciation Picture Contest Official Rules
The Colorado Dragon Boat Festival, a Colorado nonprofit corporation, 3000 Youngfield Street, Suite 350, Wheat Ridge, Colorado 80215 (“CDBF”) is sponsoring this contest to select three volunteers’ pictures taken during the 2015 Colorado Dragon Boat Festival. The pictures must show the dragonteer wearing or using the 2015 volunteer t-shirt at the festival. These Official Rules govern this contest and are subject to change at the sole discretion of CDBF.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO COMPETE IN THIS CONTEST. VOLUNTEER APPLICATION IS REQUIRED ON-LINE OR AT THE VOLUNTEERS HEADQUARTERS. A CONTESTANT CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN THIS CONTEST WITHOUT AGREEING TO ABIDE BY AND BE SUBJECT TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES. A CONTESTANT’S SUBMISSION OF A PICTURE WILL BE DEEMED AN ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THAT CONTESTANT. A CONTESTANT MAY SUBMIT MORE THAN ONE PICTURE.
You have not yet won the prizes, which are three VISA gift cards for $25 for the most unique picture, the most creative picture the most committed Dragonteer. Submission of a picture does not mean you have won the contest. The deadline for submissions is 5:00 pm MT, July 31, 2016.
By entering this Contest, contestants accept and agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Any violation of these rules may, at CDBF’s sole discretion, result in disqualification. All decisions of the judges regarding this Contest are final and binding in all respects.
1. CONTEST PERIOD. Contest begins at 10:00 AM MT on July 30, 2016 and ends at 5:00 p.m. MT on July 31, 2016, when all submissions must be received (“Contest Period”).
2. ELIGIBILITY. THE CONTEST IS OPEN ONLY TO PEOPLE: (A) WHO SIGN-UP AND VOLUNTEER WITH THE CDBF EITHER ONLINE OR AT THE COLORADO DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL ON JULY 30-31, 2016 AT SLOAN’S LAKE PARK, DENVER (the “Festival”); AND (B) ARE AT LEAST 18 YEARS OLD AS OF THE DATE OF SUBMISSION (OR PROVIDE A SIGNED RELEASE FROM A PARENT OR GUARDIAN THAT GRANTS PERMISSION TO ENTER, AND IF YOU WIN, PERMISSION TO ACCEPT PRIZE). This Contest is not open to officers, directors, Operations Committee members, and employees of CDBF, or any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, and the immediate family (i.e., parents, children, siblings, spouse), and persons residing in the same household, as such individuals.
3. HOW TO ENTER. The contestant must take a picture with a mobile phone camera or digital camera and send it by email to [email protected] with the subject line CDBF DRAGONTEER CONTEST. The picture must show the volunteer with, wearing or using the 2015 volunteer t-shirt at the festival. The picture must not contain any copyright, trademark or other material that violates the rights of any third party. Contestants must have permission from anyone else depicted in the picture to use the picture in this Contest.
Contestant represents and warrants that the Submission is the original work of such contestant, it has not been copied from others, and it does not violate the rights of any other person or entity. Contestants further represents and warrants that the Submission adheres to the fundamental spirit of the Contest and does not contain any defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful matter or depict anyone engaged in any illegal, immoral or lewd act, any violent or pornographic material or any other inappropriate content (as determined by CDBF).
4. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION. All submissions will be judged and the winner will be chosen by Monday, August 15, 2016 by a panel of judges comprised of CDBF Operations Committee members. The three winning pictures will be chosen under the following criteria: most unique, most creative and most committee volunteer.
Odds of winning are dependent on the number of submissions. For example, if there are 100 submissions, the odds of winning the First Place prize would be 1 out of a 100.
The winners will be notified by email. If a winner: (i) cannot be contacted; (ii) does not respond within two (2) days from the date CDBF first tries to notify him/her; (iii) fails to return the Affidavit and Release as specified in Rule 9; (iv) refuses the prize; and/or (v) the prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such winner forfeits all rights to win the Contest or receive the prize, and an alternate winner may be selected. Upon contacting a winner and determining that he/she has met all eligibility requirements of the Contest, including without limitation the execution of required waivers, publicity and liability releases and disclaimers, and, at CDBF’s sole discretion, successful completion of a background check, such individual will be declared a “winner”; of the Contest.
5. PRIZE DESCRIPTION. There will be three (3) winners. Each winner will receive a $25 dollar VISA gift card. The winning pictures and other submissions may, at CDBF’s sole discretion, be featured on the CDBF website (www.cdbf.org), CDBF Facebook page and other CDBF social media platform accounts including the CDBF newsletter.
6. TAXES. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
7. OWNERSHIP AND LICENSE. All submitted pictures shall become the property of CDBF and will not be acknowledged or returned. The copyright in any Submission shall remain the property of the contestant, but submission into this Contest constitutes contestant’s irrevocable and perpetual permission and consent, without further compensation, with or without attribution, to use, reproduce, print, publish, transmit, distribute, sell, adapt, enhance, or display such Submission for any purpose, including but not limited to editorial, advertising, trade, commercial, and publicity purposes by the CDBF and/or others authorized by CDBF, in any and all media now in existence or hereinafter created, throughout the world, for the duration or the copyright in the Submission. CDBF and/or others authorized by CDBF shall have the right to edit, adapt, and modify the Submission.
8. NO PRIZE TRANSFER OR SUBSTITUTION. No prize or any portion thereof is transferable or redeemable for cash. Any portion of the prize that is not used is forfeited. No substitutions for prize except by CDBF, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be substituted.
9. CONSENT AND RELEASE. By entering or voting in the Contest, each contestant releases and discharges CDBF, judges, and any other party associated with the development or administration of this Contest, their parent, subsidiary, and affiliated entities, and each of their respective officers, directors, members, shareholders, employees, independent contractors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, “CDBF Entities”), from any and all liability whatsoever in connection with this Contest, including without limitation legal claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages, demands or actions of any kind (including without limitation personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light) (collectively, “Claims”). Except where prohibited: (i) submission into the Contest constitutes the consent of each contestant, without further compensation, to use his/her name, likeness, biographical data, contact information and his/her Submission for editorial, advertising, marketing, publicity, and administrative purposes by the CDBF and/or others authorized by the CDBF; (ii) acceptance of a prize constitutes a release by any winner of the CDBF Entities of any and all Claims in connection with the administration of this Contest and the use, misuse, or possession of his/her Submission or any prize; (iii) any winner may be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility (including social security number) and a liability/publicity/copyright release; and (iv) if prize involves travel or activities, any winner and travel companion (if applicable) may be required to execute releases of CDBF from any and all liability with respect to participation in such travel/activities and/or use of the prize. Affidavits and releases must be returned within two (2) days from the date that CDBF first tries to notify the winner. CDBF may conduct a background check to confirm any winner’s eligibility and compliance with these rules. By entering, you agree to cooperate reasonably with any such background check. If the prize includes participation in any public event(s) or publicity, or if CDBF Entities intend to publicize the winner in any way, and if a background check reveals that a winner has engaged in conduct that could damage the reputation or business of any CDBF Entity, as determined by CDBF, in its sole discretion, the winner may be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. If winner is deemed to be a minor under the jurisdiction of his/her residence, the prize will be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who must execute the necessary affidavit and release and, if applicable, must accompany winner on the trip (no additional travel expenses will be awarded should a parent or legal guardian be required to accompany the winner on the trip).
10. DISCLAIMERS. (i) CDBF is not responsible for submissions that are lost, late, misdirected, incorrect, garbled, or incompletely received, for any reason, including by reason of hardware, software, browser, or network failure, malfunction, congestion, or incompatibility at CDBF’s servers or elsewhere. In the event of a dispute, submissions will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of submission. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet Access Provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. (ii) CDBF, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the submission process or the operation of the web site or otherwise attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest. Use of bots or other automated process to enter is prohibited and may result in disqualification at the sole discretion of CDBF. (iii) CDBF further reserves the right to cancel, terminate or modify the Contest if it is not capable of completion as planned, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, force majeure or technical failures of any sort. (iv) CDBF Entities are not responsible for errors in the administration or fulfillment of this Contest, including without limitation mechanical, human, printing, distribution or production errors, and may cancel, terminate or modify this Contest based upon such error at its sole discretion without liability. In no event will CDBF be responsible for awarding more than the number of prizes specified in these rules. (v) In the event this Contest is cancelled or terminated, pursuant to subparagraph (iii) or (iv), CDBF, in its sole discretion, may elect to select a winner from among all eligible submissions received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. (vi) CDBF ENTITIES MAKE NO WARRANTIES, REPRESENTATIONS OR GUARANTEES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, AS REGARDS THIS CONTEST OR THE MERCHANTABILITY, QUALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENT OF ANY PRIZE. (vii) CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN CONTESTANT/VOTER TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CDBF RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK REMEDIES AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH CONTESTANT/VOTER TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. (viii) The value(s) of the prize(s) set forth above represent CDBF’s good faith determination of the approximate retail value(s) thereof; the actual fair market value(s) as ultimately determined by CDBF are final and binding and cannot be challenged or appealed. In the event the stated approximate retail value(s) of a prize is more than the actual fair market value of that prize, the difference will not be awarded in cash or otherwise. No substitution or compensation will be given for any portion of the prize that is not used.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS AND JURISDICTION. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Issues concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of Colorado, without regard to any principles of conflict of laws. All disputes arising out of or connected with this Contest will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, exclusively by a state or federal court located in Denver, Colorado. To the extent permitted by applicable law, all judgments or awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket damages (excluding attorneys’ fees) associated with participation in this Contest and shall not include any indirect, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages.
12. SPONSORSHIP. This Contest is sponsored by the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival, 3000 Youngfield St. Suite 350, Wheat Ridge, CO