2017 Colorado Dragon Boat Festival
July 29-30, 2017
Sloan’s Lake Park, Denver
Saturday, July 29th, 10 am-7 pm
Sunday July 30th, 10 am-5 pm
Marketplace Vendor (Non-Food)
Application Information & Requirements
The mission of the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival is to build bridges of awareness, knowledge and understanding between the diverse Asian Pacific American (APA) communities and the general public through cultural education, leadership development, and athletic competition.
An annual highlight for many visitors to the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival (CDBF) is the bustling Marketplace where people can buy a variety of Asian products that can’t be found at a local mall. Over the years, the Marketplace has introduced folks to prized items from Thailand, India, Philippines, Laos, Hawai’i, Vietnam, Japan and more. Do you want to share your Asian goods and services with over 100,000 appreciative spectators over a summer weekend? Now’s your chance to apply!
CDBF’s goal is to provide a wide variety of Asian products and services to festival-goers and to provide a profitable and enjoyable experience to vendors. CDBF actively promotes and markets to an ethnically diverse and well-educated customer base. CDBF provides security, staff patrols and trash pick-up to maintain a clean, well-run, family oriented festival.
Exhibitor Selection Criteria:
The Selection Committee (make up of CDBF Operations Committee and Board of Directors), will evaluate and select applicants to participate as vendors. Selection criteria is based on appropriateness to the festival mission, development of a diverse Marketplace, past history of festival participation and adherence to regulations set by the state, city and festival management. Vendors offering products and services that complement the festival mission are preferred.
Hours of Operation:
The 17th Annual Colorado Dragon Boat Festival is:
Saturday, July 29th from 10 am – 7 pm
Sunday, July 30th from 10 am – 5 pm
Vendor area setup starts at 6 pm on Friday, July 28 with completion by 8:30 pm AND continues on Saturday, July 29 from 7:30 – 9am. Tear down begins on Sunday, July 30 at 5:30 pm and must be completed by 8:30pm that night.
- Vendors are responsible for set-up, operation, maintenance and tear down of their booth area.
- Vendors are responsible for providing all equipment INCLUDING tent (canopy with sides), tables, chairs, etc. Please be advised that Sloan’s Lake Park has a strict “No Staking” rule, so all tents (no matter what size) must be secured with weights (concrete weights, water barrels, sand bags, etc.). No staking tents into the grass.
- Vendor shall maintain a clean and safe operation for the full duration of the festival and shall clean up booth site and remove/dispose of trash.
- Vendors are expected to comply with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, and shall have all appropriate licenses, permits and other required documentation. You must have a City of Denver sales tax license if you are selling merchandise/goods.
- Vendor must obtain general liability insurance of no less than $1,000,000, naming the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival as additional insured. If your business/organization does not have insurance, CDBF can assist in finding insurance companies that can provide economical insurance for a weekend event.
- Subletting or booth sharing is not permitted without prior permission of CDBF.
- Vendors must pay a $50 damage deposit fee. If the booth space is left clean and with no turf damage, your damage deposit will be refunded.
If you need to rent tents, sidewalls, tables, chairs or other equipment, CDBF will offer a suggested rental company in your acceptance packet.
Booth Presentation and Décor:
Vendor is responsible for booth decoration. Bring the necessary items (table coverings, flowers, décor) to create a fun and inviting display. The Asian Marketplace appearance of each booth is critical to the look and feel of this Festival. In the Chinese zodiac, 2017 is the year of the Rooster! Be creative and have some fun with your booth decoration!
If you require electricity for your booth, there is an additional cost. Cost is $100 per 20 amp/110 volt service and $200 per 220 volt service or hardwiring. No personal generators are allowed. Electricity request order forms will be sent to those who are accepted.
Application Process – It’s Simple:
- FRIDAY, MAY 12, 2017 APPLICATION DEADLINE.
- APPLY NOW – Pay the $35 non-refundable application fee and be considered for selection as a 2017 Marketplace Vendor.
- WEDNESDAY, MAY 17, 2017 – Acceptance notifications will be emailed.
- MONDAY, MAY 29, 2017 – Vendor Acceptance Packets will be emailed. Packets will include Vendor Letter of Agreement, equipment rental form, electrical request form and other important information.
- FRIDAY, JUNE 23, 2017 – Agreement, Forms and Fee Submission Deadline. Signed agreements, insurance documents, forms and fees must be submitted by this date.
***MAY 12, 2017 11:59 pm Mountain Time ***
Applications received after May 12, 2017 will be placed in on a waiting list for consideration as space becomes available. If accepted, your agreement, forms and booth fees are due on Friday, June 23. Plan ahead and be ready to send your fees in by June 23rd if selected.
Applications received after May 12, 2017 will be placed in on a waiting list for consideration as space becomes available.
VENDOR CANCELLATION POLICY
The $35 application fee is non-refundable and is never applied to the total booth fee.
Cancellations before June 23, 2017 will receive a 100% refund minus a $50 cancellation fee.
Cancellations from June 24-July 8 will receive a 50% refund minus a $50 cancellation fee.
Cancellation July 9 or later will not be refunded.
BOOTH CATEGORIES & FEES
This category includes businesses/organizations selling Asian related good/services and that reflect Asian culture and traditions. If your business/organization will be offering health services/information and free screening to the public, you will be considered for the Wellness Village.
Your business/organization must be a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. You will need to provide a copy of your IRS Letter of Determination 501(c)(3) non-profit status when you submit your agreement, if accepted.
COMMUNITY BUSINESS BOOTH
If you do not fully fit the above Marketplace vendor guidelines, perhaps this area is for you. A limited number of Community Business booths will be available to applicants meeting all guidelines. Booths will be assigned on a first come, first served basis. This category may apply to those selling products and services through independently owned/operated community businesses or consultants that sell independently.
2017 MARKETPLACE VENDOR BOOTH FEES
|Selling Asian products/services or providing health info and free screening||Promoting organization; or providing health info and free screenings; must provide IRS proof of non-profit status||Limited availability, selling non-Asian products/services through independent owned/operated community businesses and consultants.|
|10’ x 10’||$675||$300||$1200|
|10’ x 20’||$950||$450|
|10’ x 30’||$1100|
|10’ x 40’||$1200|
|20’ x 20’||$1200|
|Larger Booth||Please call|
|Application Fee||$35 non-refundable. Separate from booth fee.|
|Damage Deposit||$50 refundable after event – provided there is no trash or turf damage in your booth.|
|Electricity||If electrical is needed, there is an additional cost of $100 per 20 amp/110 volts and $200 per 220 volt service. No personal generators are allowed. Electrical order forms will be sent with agreements to those accepted to participate. Payment required at time of agreement submission.|
BEFORE PROCEEDING TO OUR ONLINE APPLICATION FORM, HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED:
- Primary contact information for your business/organization
- Description about your business/organization (for CDBF website and potential promotion)
- Description of products/services to be sold/promoted
- If non-profit – description of your booth activity
- At least 2 photos as sample of products/services to be sold/promoted (jpg/gif/tiff/png format)
Thank you for your interest!
Lora Knowlton, Current Events LLC
E-mail: [email protected]
Colorado Dragon Boat Festival
3000 Youngfield Street, Suite 350
Wheat Ridge, CO 80215
E-mail: [email protected]