2017 Colorado Dragon Boat Festival
July 29-30, 2017
Sloan’s Lake Park, Denver
Saturday, July 29 10 am-7 pm
Sunday, July 30 10 am-5 pm
Taste of Asia Food Vendor
Application Information & Requirements
The mission of the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival is to build bridges of awareness, knowledge and understanding between the diverse Asian Pacific American (APA) communities and the general public through cultural education, leadership development, and athletic competition.
An annual highlight for many visitors to the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival (CDBF) is the Taste of Asia food courts, where people can dine and sample a variety of Asian cuisines that they may not have tasted before. Over the years, the Taste of Asia has introduced folks to food from Thailand, India, Philippines, Laos, Hawai’i, Korea, Vietnam, Japan and more. Are you a restaurant owner or caterer who wants to share your Asian ethnic expertise with over 100,000 appreciative spectators over a summer weekend? We also serve non-Asian food items so no one goes home hungry! Now’s your chance to apply!
CDBF’s goal is to provide a wide variety of foods to festival-goers, and to provide a profitable and enjoyable experience for food vendors. CDBF actively promotes and markets to an ethnically diverse and well-educated customer base. CDBF provides security, staff patrols and trash pick-up to maintain a clean, well-run, family oriented festival.
Food Vendor Selection Criteria:
The Selection Committee (make up of CDBF Operations Committee and Board of Directors), will evaluate and select applicants to participate as vendors. Selection criteria is based on appropriateness to the festival mission, development of a diverse Taste of Asia food courts, past history of festival participation and adherence to regulations set by the state, city and festival management. Vendors offering products and services that complement the festival mission are preferred.
All food vendors must send in photos of your food presentation AND booth area/décor so the selection committee can distinguish the differences between similarly named items such as eggrolls, spring rolls, BBQ sticks, etc. If you participated last year, we kindly request that photos be updated and resubmitted again this year. Photos of your food items are vital! Follow application instructions and submit all information requested, otherwise your application could be rejected.
CDBF will manage all beverage sales. Sale of any type of beverage is prohibited unless pre-approved by CDBF.
Hours of Operation:
The 17th Annual Colorado Dragon Boat Festival will be:
Saturday, July 29 from 10 am–7 pm
Sunday, July 30 from 10 am–5 pm
Vendor area setup starts at 4 pm on Friday, July 28 with completion by 8:30 pm AND continues on Saturday, July 29 from 7:30 – 9am. Tear down begins on Sunday, July 31 at 5:30 pm and must be completed by 8:30pm that night.
Mandatory Food Vendor Meeting and Permitting:
Food Vendors who are selected to participate in the festival will be required to attend a food vendor orientation meeting prior to the event. You will be notified by email about this meeting date if you are accepted.
Food Vendor Responsibilities:
- Vendors are responsible for set-up, operation, maintenance and tear down of their booth area.
- Vendors are responsible for providing all equipment INCLUDING tent (canopy with sides), tables, chairs, etc. Please be advised that Sloan’s Lake Park has a strict “No Staking” rule, so all tents (no matter what size) must be secured with weights (concrete weights, water barrels, sand bags, etc.). No staking tents into the grass.
- Vendor shall maintain a clean and safe operation for the full duration of the festival and shall clean up booth site and remove/dispose of trash.
- Vendors are expected to comply with all federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations, and shall have all appropriate licenses, permits and other required documentation. Food vendor shall satisfy all City of Denver Environmental Health and Fire Department requirements and permits.
- Vendor must also have a City of Denver sales tax license if you are selling merchandise/goods.
- Vendor must obtain general liability insurance of no less than $1,000,000, naming the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival as additional insured. If your business/organization does not have insurance, CDBF can assist in finding insurance companies that can provide economical insurance for a weekend event.
- Subletting or booth sharing is not permitted without prior permission of CDBF.
- Food vendors shall not sell any beverages without obtaining prior approval from CDBF.
- Vendors must pay a $200 damage deposit fee. If the booth space is left clean and with no turf damage, your damage deposit will be refunded.
Mandatory Food Vendor Meeting and Permitting:
Food Vendors who are selected to participate in the festival will be required to attend a food vendor orientation meeting prior to the event. This meeting will review your overall experience as a food vendor, as well as the opportunity to hear from representatives from the health department, fire department and generator provider. You will be notified by email about this meeting date if you are accepted.
If you need to rent tents, sidewalls, tables, chairs or other equipment, CDBF will offer a suggested rental company in your acceptance packet.
CDBF provides a refrigerator truck for food vendors to store their items that need to be refrigerated on-site during the event. Vendors may rent space in the truck for an additional $50. A form to secure this space will be available upon acceptance. Space is limited, on a first come, first served basis.
Booth Presentation and Décor:
Vendor is responsible for booth decoration. Bring the necessary items (table coverings, flowers, décor) to create a fun and inviting display. The Taste of Asia appearance of each booth is critical to the look and feel of this Festival. Make your booth and signage inviting – so customers will want to come dine with you. In the Chinese zodiac, 2017 is the year of the Rooster! Be creative and have some fun with your booth decoration!
Electrical and Propane:
If you require electricity for your booth, there is an additional cost. Cost is $100 per 20 amp/110 volt service and $200 per 220 volt service or hardwiring. No personal generators are allowed. Electricity request order forms will be sent to those who are accepted. Food vendors will provide and supply their own propane if required for cooking. Denver Fire Department will be on-site to inspect your operations.
The Colorado Dragon Boat Festival takes a very proactive and committed stance pertaining to environmentally sound practices. Continuing with our green efforts from many years ago, the purpose of this program is to utilize recycled materials wherever possible; and to minimize the amount of non-recyclable waste generated by the event. All food vendors are required to participate in this program, which has the following requirements:
- Serving Equipment – food vendor agrees that all food will be served on recyclable paperware and with recyclable plastic utensils. No styrofoam, please.
- Cardboard Recycling – food vendor agrees to flatten and segregate cardboard boxes from trash and place them in the designated cardboard receptacles provided by CDBF.
- Packaging Materials – food vendor agrees to purchase supplies that utilize cardboard only packaging, e.g. purchase corn in crates made from recyclable cardboard instead of crates made from non-recyclable wood or metal.
Many recyclable items are available for the same costs or nominal costs when purchasing bulk amounts.
Customers and Commissions:
Food vendors will serve their customers and accept cash/credit cards for food sales. At the end of each event day, food vendors will pay CDBF a 10% commission based on your net sales.
Application Process – It’s Simple:
- Apply. Be Accepted. Receive Acceptance Packet. Fill Out Agreement and Forms. Pay Fees.
- APPLY NOW – Pay the $35 non-refundable application fee and be considered for selection as a 2017 Taste of Asia Vendor.
- FRIDAY, APRIL 14, 2017 – APPLICATION DEADLINE.
- MONDAY, MAY 1, 2017 – Acceptance notifications will be emailed.
- MONDAY, MAY 15, 2017 – Vendor Acceptance Packets will be emailed. Packets will include vendor agreement, equipment rental form, electrical request form and other important info.
- FRIDAY, JUNE 10, 2017 – Agreement, forms and booth fee deadline. Signed agreement, insurance documents, forms and fees must be submitted by this date.
***FRIDAY, APRIL 14, 2017, 11:59 pm Mountain Time ***
Applications received after April 14, 2017 will be placed in on a waiting list for consideration as space becomes available. If accepted, your agreement, forms and booth fees are due on Friday, June 10. Plan ahead and be ready to send your fees in by June 10th if selected.
VENDOR CANCELLATION POLICY
- The $35 application fee is non-refundable and is never applied to the total booth fee.
- Cancellations after June 10, 2017 will receive a 100% refund minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- Cancellations from June 11-30 will receive a 50% refund minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- Cancellation July 1 or later will not be refunded.
BOOTHS AND FEES
|Space||TASTE OF ASIA|
|10’ x 10’||$700|
|10’ x 20’||$1025|
|Application Fee||$35 non-refundable. Separate from booth fee.|
|Damage Deposit||$200 refundable after event – provided there is no trash or grease damage in your booth.|
|Electricity||If electrical is needed, there is an additional cost of $100 per 20 amp/110 volts and $200 per 220 volt service. No personal generators are allowed. Electrical order forms will be sent with agreements to those accepted to participate. Payment required at time of agreement submission.|
|Refrigerator Truck Space||$50; space limited|
BEFORE PROCEEDING TO THE ONLINE APPLICATION FORM, HERE’S WHAT YOU NEED:
- Primary contact information for your business/organization
- Description about your business (for CDBF website and potential promotion)
- Description of food to be sold/promoted
- If non-profit: description of your booth activity
- At least 2 photos as sample of food items to be sold (jpg/gif/tiff/png format)
IF YOU’RE READY TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION TO BE A TASTE OF ASIA FOOD VENDOR AT CDBF 2017, CLICK HERE!
Thank you for your interest!
Lora Knowlton, Current Events LLC
E-mail: [email protected]
Colorado Dragon Boat Festival
3000 Youngfield Street, Suite 350
Wheat Ridge, CO 80215
E-mail: [email protected]