Volunteers are the heart of the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival– join us for 2013!
NOTE: 2013 CDBF volunteer registration is now open! Register yourself, friends, co-workers, family and organizations — see the area descriptions below and click here to register!
The Colorado Dragon Boat Festival needs about 300 volunteers every year for the two-day event. Dedication from volunteers like you is the reason the festival succeeds and thrives year after year. Thank you for your interest in volunteering!
We’re also seeking large group volunteer applications. If you have a large group of friends, family and/or co-workers in your network who can join you as volunteers, we’ll do our best to assign your group to volunteer together. We’ll also thank you in our program book, and on our website.
CDBF is adding a special volunteers dragon boat paddling opportunity this year! If you sign up as a volunteer and are interested in getting some hands-on paddling experience, check the “Yes! I’m interested!” box at the end of the volunteer application. Seating is limited so sign up today!
- Zodiac Dash – What’s more invigorating than running a summertime Fun Run? Helping make it possible! Volunteer as a Course Marshall and assist with directing runner traffic and staffing water stations while cheering on the race!
- Cultural Unity Stage – Have you always wanted to see what happens backstage at a concert? Volunteer for the Cultural Unity stage and assist DJs and performers with backstage equipment movement, setup and security.
- Dragonland Childrens’ Area – Do you love kids? Then why not help them learn while having fun at the same time? Volunteer for the Dragonland Childrens’ area and assist with Asian-themed arts and crafts, run carnival-like games and help setup and take down the area.
- Festival Ambassadors
– The importance of a Festival Ambassador is twofold. You will serve as a roaming greeter/customer service agent, to ensure guests have a great experience, while answering any general festival questions guests may have. You will also distribute and collect surveys to guests. The information in these surveys are collected to help fund and support the festival.
- Information Booth – Are you the person your friends and family go to for answers? Then you’ve found your home at the festival! Co-manage the information booth while answering questions from festival guests and passing out program books.
- Gateway to Asia – Are you interested in Asian culture but don’t know where to start? Gateway to Asia has it all: Cultural demonstrations, zen / martial arts performances and much more! Volunteer for Gateway to Asia and assist with setup and breakdown of equipment, encouraging festival guests to watch performances and pass out festival programs.
- Main Stage & Band Stage – Lights, camera, action! Volunteer at the Main Stage or Band Stage and be where the action is! Help with sound checks, the back stage area, stage décor, dressing rooms and assist performers.
- Production - Do you love to help but hate being in the limelight? Volunteer with Production and assist with setting up signs, banners, tables, chairs and other items on Friday and Saturday morning. Clean up will be on Sunday evening.
- Transportation – Beep! Beep! CDBF free shuttles coming through! Help guests get to the festival without going crazy over parking! Assist in the loading and unloading of festival guests from the designated pick up and drop off locations.
- Volunteer Coordination – Volunteering is hard work! You have a big heart, why not use it to help the volunteers? Manage Volunteer Headquarters and check-in volunteers, distribute volunteer benefits and lunches and offer breaks to volunteers.
- Wellness Village – Commit to be Fit! What better place than the Wellness Village to uphold the 2013 Colorado Dragon Boat Festival motto? Volunteer at the Wellness Village and assist with free health screenings, “Find Zen” demonstrations and performances and many Asian traditions that promote health, such as meditation, yoga, chi gong and feng shui, to name a few.
Click here to register as a volunteer for the 2013 Colorado Dragon Boat Festival, and join our team!
NOTE: By submitting the volunteer Registration Form, volunteer agrees to bear full responsibility for any and all damage or injury caused, directly or indirectly, by the Volunteer while volunteering at the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival. VOLUNTEER ASSUMES ALL RISK, FORESEEN OR UNFORESEEN, THAT MAY RESULT FROM VOLUNTEERING AT THE COLORADO DRAGON BOAT FESTIVAL. Volunteer also releases and agrees to hold harmless and indemnify the staff, employees, agents, affiliates, officers and directors of the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival, including event sponsors and their insurance carriers from any and all claims, actions or damages without any limitation whatsoever, whether consisting of personal injury, property damage or death that results in any way from any act of the volunteer while attending or volunteering at the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival.