Nearly 40 artists from across the country showcased their creativity and artistic flare by entering in the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival's Third Annual Commemorative Festival Poster competition in 2010.
Laurie Romberg, a graphic designer from Evergreen, clinched first place with the poster shown here.
CDBF is now accepting submissions for the Fourth Annual Community Design Competition.
We want creative designs that capture the excitement and cultural richness of the Colorado Dragon Boat Festival for 2011. We're accepting submissions until May 1, so start brainstorming ideas!
The winner will be chosen by a panel of judges, and announced before the festival. The winner of the competition will be honored as the Commemorative poster artist at the festival. And, the top three winners also get cash prizes -- First Place: $300, Second Place: $200, Third Place: $100.
• Any individual may participate, regardless of age, experience, technical skill, or other indicators.
• Entrants must complete the online application and mail a $10 entry fee (payable by check or money order to CDBF) with your contact information. One entry per person.
• Entries must be submitted in DIGITAL format in PDF format, or JPG/TIFF format - images at 300dpi minimum 8” x 11". Please refrain from including the artist name on the actual design.
• Entries can be submitted online or mailed to: CDBF, 11049 W. 44th Avenue, Suite 110, Wheat Ridge CO, 80033, and should be postmarked no later than May 15, 2011.
• All designs must include the following text, not necessarily in this order or format: 11th Annual Colorado Dragon Boat Festival, July 30-31, 2011, Denver, Colorado.
• Entries will be evaluated based on appeal, content, and marketability. The panel of judges will include members of the Denver art community and CDBF Board of Directors. The decision of the judges is final.
• CDBF reserves the right to use the winning image on miscellaneous advertisement mediums, T-shirts, and any other CDBF related items. All entries will become the full property of CDBF, with all rights and privileges inherent thereto.
• CDBF reserves the right to resize or otherwise alter the winning entry before using it in promotional and merchandising materials, or to not use any submitted competition materials.
If you're ready, click to submit your design!